KMC COVID-19 GUIDELINES
If you have symptoms such as cough, fever, chills, running nose, sore throat,
diarrhea, vomiting or muscle aches, you could have a virus. This virus
COULD BE COVID-19.
While your symptoms could be the cause of many viruses or illnesses, the
following precautions must be maintained until you receive your results:
- Stay home unless your symptoms are emergent: difficulty breathing, chest
pain, unable to eat/drink, severe vomiting or weakness.
- As advised by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we
recommend you stay in your home and have limited contact with others to
prevent spreading this infection.
- The elderly or those with significant medical issues are at high risk of
complications from this infection. We recommend you stay away from these
populations for the next two weeks.
Limit times outside of your house – do
NOT go to school, work, or public areas.
- Separate yourself from others in your home.
- Use a different bathroom if possible and do not share household items like
dishes, glasses, cups, forks, spoons, or towels.
- Clean counters, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones,
keyboards, tablets, and bedside tables often.
Clean your hands often for at least
20 seconds. If soap and water is not available, use hand sanitizer
COVER your cough and sneezes
- Throw used tissues in a lined trashcan and wash your hands right away.
If you need to seek a healthcare facility:
Put on a
facemask upon entering.
If an ambulance is needed, ask that they apply a
facemask upon arrival.
Most likely results will not be available for
positive, you will be contact by either a Kirby Medical Center healthcare employee
or the Public Health Department
- Please Do Not Contact the Emergency Department for results.
If you need to seek medical attention or have questions regarding your care:
- Contact Kirby Medical Group at 217-762-6241 Option 2
- Avoid showing up at a healthcare facility without a plan in place if possible.
- If you have emergent needs, please dial 911.