You Are the Focus of Your Healthcare
Kirby Medical Center is recognized by the Compliance Team for Quality Assurance
as a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH), which means we take a team
approach to provide total healthcare. Your medical home team includes
your Kirby care providers, others who support you and – most importantly
Access to Care – Your primary care provider will develop a plan to maximize your
health, provide same day appointments, after-hours coverage, urgent care
needs, and imaging and lab services.
Health Information and Technology – We have electronic medical records, electronic orders and reporting,
electronic prescribing, automated appointment reminders, and electronic
referral services available to better coordinate your care.
Care Management – The Care Team at Kirby Medical Group promotes wellness, population
management, chronic disease management, patient education, and patient
outreach for preventative screenings.
Quality and Safety – We will provide evidence-based practices, medication management,
patient satisfaction feedback, quality improvement, risk management and
Care Coordination – Our Care Navigator provides a link between you and the rest of
your care team, in and out of Kirby Medical Group. Our multi-disciplinary
team consists of specialists, nutritionists, a wellness coach, and the
Fiscal Responsibility – The right care, at the right place, at the right time. We have
trained coding and billing staff, cost effective care management, and
quality cost benefit decision making.
Patient Centered Medical Home – Coordinated, appropriate, and fiscally responsible healthcare delivered
to the patients of Kirby Medical Group by our Care Teams.
Your Medical Home Team:
Mari Lynn Quick - Care Navigator, KMG
The Care Navigator is responsible for functioning in an expanded role to
facilitate care through interdisciplinary collaboration and care coordination.
Responsible for communicating with patients and caregivers to ensure improved
care transitions, enhancing patient-practitioner communication to identify
opportunities for care continuity, encouraging the patient’s self-management
skills and understanding of the health care system to guide and empower
patients to participate actively in their care plan.
Your Medical Home Can:
- Help you manage your healthcare
- Help answer your health questions
- Listen to your concerns
- Work with other medical experts in and out of Kirby Medical Group
- Coordinate your care through additional services
- Encourage you to play an active part in your own healthcare
How to Get the Most out of Your Medical Home:
- Write down the names of your healthcare team and ask how to reach them
- Bring a list of written questions to your appointment to ask your care
team during your visit
- Talk with your team about what health issues are most important to you
- Share your past healthcare successes and challenges
- Use your own words to repeat back the things you’ve discussed with
your team to make sure you understand the information
- Before you leave an appointment, be sure you know what you need to do before
your next appointment
- Tell your team how you feel about the care you are getting from them through
Press Ganey surveys
- Tell your team if you are having trouble with your care plan or your plan
is not working
Questions or concerns? Ask your care provider or a member of staff for
For more information on our patient centered medical home, please see this