2020-2021 Thomas Dixon Memorial Scholarship Recipeints
The Kirby Auxiliary provides the Thomas Dixon Memorial Scholarships annually
to area students who have an interest in pursuing a career in a medical
field. The Auxiliary awarded 16 scholarships totaling $37,500 for the
2020-2021 academic year.
Thomas Dixon Memorial Scholarship Continuing Recipients:
- Kenneth David Alexander: David will be a sophomore this fall, studying
Biomedical Engineering at Arizona State University. He plans to graduate
in May 2023. David is the son of Angie Stanford of Monticello.
- Hannah Carter: Hannah will be in her second year in the Radiology Technician
program at Parkland College this fall. She plans to graduate in May 2021.
Hannah is the daughter of Adrian and Vickie Carter of Monticello.
- Abigail Elston: Abigail will be a sophomore at Eastern Illinois University
this fall, majoring in Communication Disorders and Sciences. She plans
to become a Speech Language Pathologist. Abigail is the daughter of Christopher
and Kathy Elston of Monticello.
- Anna Haugen: Anna will be a graduate student at the University of Missouri
(Columbia) with a goal of becoming a Speech-Language pathologist. She
plans to graduate in Spring 2022. Anna is the daughter of Benjie Haugen
of Monticello and the late Joseph Haugen.
- Tracy Pokorny: Tracy will be working toward a Master of Science in Nursing
Emphasis in Education at Western Governor’s University. She hopes
to become a nurse educator/instructor at the collegiate level. She plans
to graduate in 2021. Tracy and her husband, Christopher, live in Monticello
and have two children.
- Josiah Ratts: Josiah will be a sophomore at the University of Michigan,
studying for a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing. Josiah is the son
of Rich and Nancy Ratts of Monticello.
- Jarron Roy: Jarron will be a senior this fall at the University of Illinois
Urbana-Champaign, majoring in Bioengineering with a career goal of becoming
a research oncologist. Jarron is the son of Kevin and Keely Roy of Monticello.
- Gabrielle Singleton: Gabrielle will be enrolled in Parkland College’s
Associate Degree in Nursing program this fall and expects to graduate
in May 2022. Gabrielle is the daughter of James and Shannon Singleton
- Sydney Walker: Sydney will be a senior Nursing major at Missouri Baptist
University this fall. Her goal is to become a Registered Nurse Anesthetist.
Sydney is the daughter of Michael and Darci Walker of Oakley.
Thomas Dixon Memorial Scholarship First-Time Recipients
- Olivia Bales: Olivia will be a Pharmacy First Professional Year student
at Butler University this fall. She is the daughter of Thaddeus and Maryanne
Bales of Monticello.
- Rowan Crozier: Rowan will be enrolled in the Master of Science Nutrition
and Dietetic Program at Eastern Illinois University this fall and will
graduate in December 2020. Her goal is to become a Registered Dietitian
Nutritionist. She is the daughter of Kevin Crozier and Jennifer Crozier
of White Heath.
- Claire Huisinga: Claire will be enrolled in the Physical Therapy, Doctorate
Program at A.T. Still University this fall. Her goal is to become a Physical
Therapist. Claire is the daughter of Gary and Annette Huisinga of Monticello.
- Madelynn Kallembach: Madelynn will be enrolled at Eastern Kentucky University
this fall in the Masters of Athletic Training - Graduate Program. Her
occupational goal is Athletic Training. Madelynn is the daughter of Cara
Kallembach of Monticello.
- Megan Schumacher: Megan will be a sophomore Nursing student at Illinois
Wesleyan University this fall. She plans to graduate in 2023 with a Bachelor’s
Degree in Nursing. Megan is the daughter of Eric and Jennifer Schumacher
- Colleen Westburg: Colleen will be a senior at Illinois State University,
majoring in Nursing (BSN). She plans to graduate in May 2021. Colleen
is the daughter of Eric and Paula Westburg of Monticello.
- Morgan Workman: Morgan will be pursuing a Master of Science in Occupational
Therapy at Indiana State University-Applied Medicine and Rehabilitation.
She plans to graduate in December 2021. Morgan is the daughter of Michael
Workman and Laura Clancy.