KIRBY MEDICAL CENTER DOES NOT PROVIDE COVID TESTING UPON REQUEST AND DOES
NOT OFFER DRIVE-THROUGH TESTING TO THE PUBLIC. SEE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
HERE AND FOR DRIVE-THROUGH TESTING.
Kirby Medical Center COVID testing requires a doctor's order based
on symptoms, exposure, or scheduled surgical procedures.
As we increase outpatient services and appointments, the following measures
have been set to ensure the ongoing safety and protection of our patients,
their families, and our staff.
- We continue to screen all visitors and patients.
- We require that everyone enters Kirby Medical Center wearing a mask or
- We are allowing one visitor (support person) to accompany patients for
surgery, on our inpatient unit, and also when appropriate in the Emergency
Department. We will continue to ask patients to come alone for outpatient
services if possible.
- Illinois Department of Public Health has set guidelines for patients having
elective surgical procedures. All patients must be COVID tested within
72hrs of surgery, then quarantine at home until the day of surgery.
- We ask that all patients come alone for service if at all possible. Please
let us know how we can help with this.
For more information, please visit these resources:
What is COVID-19
KMC COVID-19 Letter to the Public
KMC Financial Services COVID-19 FAQ