Keeping Your Health in Stride
The Kirby Derby is a family friendly 5K Ru/Walk and 10K, plus a FREE Kids
Race that will be held on May 7th, 2022 at Forest Preserve Park in Monticello, IL.
Participating in the Kirby Derby is a great way to maintain a healthy and
active lifestyle while having fun. All the proceeds go to the development
of the Wellness Trail provided by the Kirby Foundation. For more information
and online registration visit
- Packet Pickup is Friday, May 6th at Forest Preserve Park from 4-6 PM
- Race Day parking will be available at First Christian Church and St. Philomena Church.
- Strollers will be permitted.
- Pets will not be permitted to participate.
- Participants registered by April 27th will be guaranteed an event T-shirt.
- Chip-timing mats will be positioned at both the start and finish lines.
All 5K and 10K participants will be chip timed.
- The deadline to register online is Thursday, May 5th. Same Day Registration
will be available.
- Two Reds BBQ will be present and available post-race to enjoy. We also
invite you to head over to Monticello Christian Church for their delicious
Pancake Breakfast fundraiser after the race.
The Kids Race will be held immediately after the 5K/10K ceremony. Kids
ages 10 and under who register by April 27th will receive an event t-shirt.
The length of the Kids race is apporximately one-quarter of a mile. Medals
will be awarded to all participants.
Prizes & Awards
- All participants will receive a finisher’s medal and a Kirby Derby t-shirt.
- There will be a 5K and 10K award ceremony at approximately 9 am.
- Prizes will be presented to the overall male and female first-place participants
in the 5K and 10K events. Awards will be presented to first- third place
male and female participants in each age group for both the 5K and 10K events.
The Kirby Derby would not be possible without generous community members
who volunteer their time and effort. If you are interested in volunteering,
If you are interested in supporting our wellness initiatives and becoming
a sponsor, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share your race day photos with us! Tag us on social media and show others
how your participation in the Kirby Derby is making an impact on the wellness
of our community.