Keeping Your Health in Stride
The Kirby Derby is a family-friendly 5K Run/Walk and a 10K Run, along with
a FREE Kids’ Race. Participating in the Kirby Derby is a great way
to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle while having fun. All the proceeds
go to the development of the Wellness Trail provided by the Kirby Foundation.
If you are interested in the training program you can fill out the waiver
If you have any questions regarding the Kirby Derby, training program,
or are interested in sponsoring email
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 217-762-1513.
Prizes & Awards
- All participants will receive a finisher’s medal.
- The 5K Awards Ceremony will begin at approximately 9am with the 10K awards
- Prizes will be presented to the overall male and female first place participants
in the 5K and 10K events. Awards will be presented to first through third
place male and female participants in each age group for both the 5K and
- Awards in the 5K Run/Walk will be group by race day age and gender in the
following categories: 10 and under; 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34,
35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 and older.
- Awards in the 10K Run will be grouped by race day age and gender in the
following categories: 14 and under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59,
60-69, 70 and older.
The Kid's Race will be held in Forest Preserve Park at approximately
10:00 am, following the 5K/10K Award Ceremony.
- Kids age 10 and under who register for the Kids' Race by May 1 are
guaranteed an event T-shirt. Event T-shirts may be availabe to kids that
register after May 1; however, supplies will be limited.
- The length of the Kids' Race is approximately one-quarter of a mile.
- There will be heats determined by age group.
- Medals will be awarded to all Kids' Race participants.