Senior Life Solutions
Aging brings many joys – more time with family and freedom in retirement
– but our older years can also bring difficult life transitions
including the loss of loved ones and stress from age-related health concerns.
Kirby’s Senior Life Solutions is an intensive outpatient group therapy
program designed to meet the unique needs of older adults typically ages
65 and older struggling with symptoms of depression and anxiety often
related to aging.
If you or someone you know has recently experienced any of the following,
this program might be right for you:
- Recently experienced a traumatic event
- Lost a spouse or close family member
- Loss of interest in previously enjoyed activities
- Changes in appetite
- Difficulty sleeping or changes in sleep patterns
- Loss of energy
- Feelings of sadness or grief lasting more than two weeks
- Feelings of worthlessness or hopelessness
Following an individual assessment, patients meet up to three times per
week in a supportive, encouraging group setting.
The program staff includes a board-certified psychiatrist, licensed social
workers, a registered nurse, and other professionals dedicated to the
emotional well-being of the seniors in our community.
Referrals to the program can be made by anyone, including a patient’s
physician, family member, the patient themself, or another healthcare