Building Better Healthcare
Thanks to providing care to more of you and our expanded service offerings,
Kirby Medical Center is ready to grow! Here is what you should know:
Expansion By The Numbers
- Roughly 16,500 square feet of new space will be added to the hospital building,
with another 14,600 square feet of existing space within the building.
- 17 months is the expected timeframe for completion
- With the growth of our providers since our move in 2011, and the addition
of Dr. Evelyn Huang in September, the Kirby Medical Group will get 9 additional
exam rooms, expanded oncology and special procedure space, and a renovated
waiting room and registration area.
Expansion by Departments
- Four new pre-operative rooms will be added to the Surgery department
- New Outreach Conference Room.
- Materials Management will be expanded.
- Our Therapy Department will be relocated with easy access from the parking lot.
- The Laboratory Department will be relocated next to Kirby Medical Group
with much more space for growth.
- The Imaging Department will expand for future technology and have access
to the vacated Laboratory space for growth.
- Training and Education space for employees will be added.
We'll keep you in the loop throughout the expansion works on our website.
Check back often for photos and updates on this exciting chapter of our history.
Expansion Plan Details